Capita PROjEN has many years’ experience working in the Chemical, Process & Petrochemical markets. With an award winning approach to project delivery excellence and Health & Safety, Capita PROjEN is a popular choice with those companies who need to build a new plant or who are wanting to improve their existing facilities.
We have a long and proven track record for successfully delivering complex projects and working collaboratively with clients, by understanding their project and programme challenges and adopting the most appropriate Engineering/Project Management strategy.
- Our approach to project delivery has been recognised by the European Construction Institute (ECI) on no fewer than five occasions, seeing us win ECI Project of the Year Awards in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2013 and Contractor of the Year in 2003.
- Health and Safety is paramount in everything that we do and we have been awarded 15 consecutive RoSPA Gold Awards and a RoSPA Order of Dinstinction, for our consistently outstanding Health & Safety performance both for our day to day operations and in the course of project delivery.
- We provide a true multi-discipline offering comprising of around 200 engineering professionals, all disciplines being available ‘under one roof’ at our Cheshire based HQ.
- Our regional impact has been recognised through two Chemicals Northwest awards – Engineering Business of the Year 2015 and Health & Safety Award 2016
- Capita PROjEN were the first company in the UK to upgrade an existing fuel storage facility and design and build a new facility to comply with the recommendations from the final Buncefield report (including the demolition of failed storage tanks, inspection and repair of existing tanks, installation of road tanker loading facilities, improvement of control systems, the construction of new storage tanks and the improvements to secondary containment bunds).
At Capita PROjEN, we fully understand the pressures facing businesses in these sectors. This pressure comes in a variety of forms including:
- Make/buy decisions
- Fluctuating volumes
- Increasing competition
- Increasing/changing legislation
- Demanding budgetary constraints including pressure to reduce overheads & staff numbers.
When you add to this the time required to deal with various stakeholders and employees it soon becomes apparent why the delivery of projects is an area that most are looking to improve. Projects are only taken on as a means of improving the business (reduce cost, improve efficiency, develop new markets etc) and are not in themselves the role of the business. It is the benefit of the project that is required not the doing of the project. Our core business or “day job” is the successful delivery of projects from feasibility, capital justification through to full turnkey project delivery. Working together as an integrated team from an early stage, Capita PROjEN can reduce costs, provide a flexible and responsive resource and give access to new technologies, skills and the necessary expertise from simple to highly complex projects.
At Capita PROjEN, we offer progressive UK Manufacturers a variety of options that enables more quality time to be spent on their “day job” and associated strategic issues. The projects we have completed have been extremely diverse in terms of the technology, the project size and the project complexity. Our services include:-
- A structured process to Capex planning that involves a review of the asset register, strategic objectives and the prioritising of profit growth investments against sustaining (and normally nil payback) activity ie full project justification
- Fast turnaround of feasibility studies and investment/what-if appraisals that are usually refunded should the project turn live
- Initial detailed risk management ensures investments are the right choice and are not poorly implemented
- Precise project definition, seen by Capita PROjEN as the single most important factor in achieving project success
- Setting of challenging, pragmatic milestones from professional project managers ensures shorter timescales and reduces the chances of cost over runs
- Flexibility of working allows specific disciplines such as commissioning, SHE advice, CDM etc to be chosen alongside our clients’ skills
- Validation of completed projects against their original plan is a key measure of success often overlooked, but carried out by ourselves on each and every project
- Full turnkey project management of specific projects on a stand-alone basis or alongside client resources
- Project implementation, including health and safety issues, environmental impact, construction, procurement, documentation and so on
- Project close out and review ensuring the project achieved its original goals and objectives.