PM PROjEN are committed to environmental sustainability; in August 2009 we attained ISO14001 accreditation for our environmental management approach, systems & processes. We have in place an environmental and sustainability policy and hold sustainability meeting forums quarterly. We have formalised work from home, car sharing and cycle/walk to work schemes. We have provided tax efficient means of employees buying bicycles to reduce the environmental impact as well as reducing travelling costs and promoting a healthier life style. The percentage of staff who have taken part in one or more of these schemes is 14% and rising. The recycling of paper, printer cartridges, glass bottles, cans, and fluorescent light tubes have delivered a 50% reduction in landfill and 100% increase in recycled material (plastics, tins, glass). Redundant computers are donated to a local charity and we actively encourage staff members to do the same with their personal computers. Paper consumption is reduced by use of electronic methods in the first instance and through encouraging clients/suppliers to do the same. In addition our accreditation to ISO 9001 has been amended from a paper system to an electronic system in order to reduce paper waste. Our marketing literature is now printed on FSC certified paper where possible. The installation and use of prominently displayed monitoring equipment has allowed us to target and reduce energy consumption at our head office. Other initiatives include monitoring our air conditioning, reducing business travel where possible and the introduction of tele-conferencing etc. Through the services delivered, PM PROjEN contribute significantly to the sustainability of client operations. The provision of full lifecycle management starts with feasibility studies to ensure consideration is given to whether the project proposed is beneficial for the client throughout it’s lifecycle. Through this approach PM PROjEN ensure that thought is given to the long term investment of projects and that costs are weighed up from monetary, energy, emissions, environmental and maintenance perspectives. PM PROjEN make a conscious effort to deliver projects that limit environmental impact and conform to EU legislation; proactively working to protect the environment for future generations. We can show real environmental benefits in the reduction of Carbon, reduced energy consumption, reclaimed waste energy, reduced emissions to atmosphere, greater recycling and less material disposed of in landfill sites. Projects executed span a number of sectors including the pharmaceutical, waste, food, energy, manufacturing and chemical industries. Examples include:
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) – (Pharmaceuticals) PM PROjEN designed and built replacement HCFC based chillers to meet the increase in demand for cooling and to conform to the Montreal Protocol (requiring ozone depleting refrigerants such as R22 to be banned from 2013). The £5 million project was delivered safely, on-time and on-budget, with an exemplary health & safety record and has resulted in a 15% increase in energy efficiency
- Thor Specialities UK Ltd (Chemical Products) PM PROjEN conducted a site survey and identified energy savings in electricity, a reduction in CO2 Emissions and a project payback of 1.2 years
- CSM (Food) PM PROjEN identified over 50,000 kWh per year savings from general efficiencies improvements within the compressed air generation and distribution system
- Total (Bitumen Manufacturer). PM PROjEN carried out an Energy Consumption Review focusing on the sites Thermal Storage Tanks. From PM PROjEN recommendations financial savings of £120k per annum and a reduction of 3,400 tonnes CO2 emissions were identified
- Confidential (Chemicals Manufacturer) As part of a new manufacturing plant design PM PROjEN recommended a CHP plant for generating both electricity and heat for the site to make the site exempt for Climate Levy on CHP fuels and also allow the reclamation and reuse of solvents and waste water evaporated by the heat from the CHP plant. A 70% reduction of the buildings ventilation heating requirement has been made by installing heat recovery solutions.