PM PROjEN’s business success stems from its people. PM PROjEN continually looks to improve the working environment for employees, not only in terms of improving office facilities and health and safety but also through continuous personal/professional development. PM PROjEN is a Company that wishes to grow and be profitable. However, it can be proven that working on the Health & Safety and well-being of its staff, having a focus on sustaining jobs and having a culture of openness, honesty and the promotion of hard work creates a company that employees wish to join and clients wish to work with.
Health and Safety is our number one priority and we have heavily invested in it. PM PROjEN’s focus on health and safety has resulted in us being awarded our fourth RoSPA Order of Distinction in 2019 – in recognition of our eighteenth consecutive RoSPA Gold award. Initiatives and subsequent successes that have helped secure these awards include:-
- Health and Safety Training provided to all new staff as part of their induction
- Appointment of a dedicated Health and Safety Advisor
- Site Activity Risk Assessments (SARA) carried out at each site
- Behavioural Safety courses run at sites and in the offices
- Ad hoc site and office safety audits
- Monthly SHE Newsletter
- “Work Safely Incentive Schemes” implemented at all construction sites – working with partner organisations in the promotion and reward of safe working practices
- DSE assessments – ensuring that the working environment suits the individual.
Working environment – PM PROjEN are aware that a well organised environment is important for the safety and comfort of staff and in 2019 we relocated to a new Head Office providing more square footage per staff member along with new desks, chairs, lighting, air conditioning and carpets.
Staff Inclusion – PM PROjEN are fully inclusive with regards to company development. Everyone has a say and we have a number of initiatives aimed at ensuring that each individual has a platform to enable them to put forward ideas and have involvement in the decision making process:
- Employee satisfaction survey – The latest Survey results gave a satisfaction score of over 90%. Several 100% scores were achieved in areas including agreement on company direction, being treated fairly at work and pride in the company’s service
- Performance Review and Development Process (PRDP) – a scheme which provides all employees with dedicated time to discuss a wide variety of personal and work issues specific to them. In addition to listening to staff needs, PM PROjEN’s structured performance review process allows skill gap identification and aids both staff retention and succession planning.
Staff Development – PM PROjEN are keen to promote from within and we have provided a significant investment in training in recent times. This has been a mixture of targeted technical courses as well as more generic management training which has included:-
- Commercial Awareness
- Recruitment Strategy and Interviewing Techniques
- Planning and Time Management
- Presentation Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite – including MS Project and Visio
- Health and Safety – injury free behavioural safety workshop.
In addition to the above, PM PROjEN have supported a number of our personnel achieve professional and academic qualifications.
Recognition, Reward and Employee Involvement – PM PROjEN’s continual aim is to raise the standard of their employees to ensure better service delivery to clients.
In order to help ensure that employees are involved in decision making, we have placed suggestion pads and boxes in each kitchen- this is a way of capturing new ideas, improving processes and learning where we could have done better.
PM PROjEN also organise a number of company events promoting team building outside of the office and also to act as a thank you to employees. To date events have included walks in the Lake District, visits to a Comedy Club, Celebration Meals, Bowling Evenings, Casino Nights, Murder Mystery and Race Days.
Community Involvement – PM PROjEN are aware that sustainability is achieved through inclusion rather than isolation and therefore embraces opportunities to embrace the local community. Keen to promote engineering with the young, the organisation regularly offers work experience to local schools and the Management Team have attended “industry in schools” events, including the Northwest Region – Young Enterprise Scheme.
PM PROjEN staff are well known in the community through the organisation and participation of charitable events, such as:-
- Organisation of Charity night in aid of the Joshua Tree (local charity benefiting families with leukaemia) – £6,000 raised
- Participation in the Northwich Swimathon – over£8,500 raised to date
- Raffle in aid of Macmillan Nurses and Leigh and Wigan Hospice – £1,010 raised
- Sponsorship of Weston Point under 12’s football kit
- Sponsorship of The King’s School, Macclesfield rugby kit
- Various bike rides and walks for charity
- Raising money for local charity Halton Haven Hospice – over £6500 raised to date
- Raising funds for a new Community Café and Children’s Sensory Equipment at Halton Haven Hospice
- Support to The Canal Boat Adventure Project.
Involvement in such events not only benefits the charity, but also positively affects the PM PROjEN team spirit and staff morale and retention.