Posted on April 14th, 2008
PROjEN does it again…Staff Satisfaction is at an overall high
For the past 4 years, PROjEN, the Cheshire based award winning Project Management Company has been assessing staff satisfaction though their yearly survey.
PROjEN’s financial results over the past years have shown a remarkable growth, and by and large this has been due to the company culture of “can do” and a desire to see the job through to the end. Having a clear set of values and a culture that is shared by all within the company ensures greater consistency of delivery, greater team spirit and consequently happier and more productive staff.
Key findings of the 2008 Staff Satisfaction Survey demonstrated that staff felt that they had a say in the company’s direction and had the power to change things when they were not working. Staff could also clearly see how their efforts benefited the company and themselves through recognition and reward.
Staff training and development scored high with 94% of staff seeing the introduction of a personal review process as beneficial. They also felt encouraged that they had a say in their career path and support through provision of necessary training and development.
- 91% reported that communication was good in the company
- 95 % reported that they were involved in key decision making
- 98% reported that they had clear visibility to senior management
- 94% reported that their manager took time to listened to them
- 92% reported empowered to change something if it was wrong
- 97% reported their manager welcomed suggestions and encouraged feedback.
- 100% reported that management placed a high priority on HSE Matters
- 98% reported that they understood their HSE responsibilities
- 98% would recommend a friend to work for PROjEN
- 100% reported that the company treated them fairly
Overall the average ‘satisfaction’ rating was an incredible 92%. This was up on last year’s excellent score of 89% and way up on the 68% recorded in the first survey of 2004.
John Taylor, PROjEN’s Managing Director said:
“The results really do speak for themselves, with 98% of staff stating that they would refer a friend to work for PROjEN and 97% stating that they want to work for the company for a long time, it is clear that we are heading in the right direction. The HSE satisfaction statistics also speak volumes and show that staff feel safe and demonstrate why PROjEN have a consistent Health and Safety record. This has clearly contributed to this year’s 7th consecutive ROSPA Gold Award.”
“Our aim now is to build on what we have learnt, maintain our culture and business atmosphere, give more back to staff with improved pay, benefits and work life balance and ensure that we keep delivering our promises not only to staff but to our clients. Obviously I am thrilled with the 2008 survey results and I am looking forward to achieving another good year in the company’s history”