Natural gas is a tightly regulated and vital energy utility with a highly complex and widely distributed infrastructure. In simple terms, the national gas network generates, processes, stores and distributes huge quantities of natural gas to industry, public sector facilities and millions of homes across the length and breadth of the UK.
Apart from the final few feet of Low Pressure (LP) pipework and the gas meter under their stairs, the general public are unaware of this vast utility. At the heart of the gas infrastructure is a vast transmission and distribution network which stores and transmits highly flammable natural gas at multiple pressures utilising a vast range of technologies of varying ages.
For many years, PM PROjEN has been providing a wide range of engineering services to most of the major Gas Utility businesses in the UK, both via directly engaged assignments and through a number of framework agreements. We have played our part in keeping the network safe and functional and are fortunate to have been involved with some of the most iconic projects designed to improve the safety and reliability of the gas distribution infrastructure.
The gas sector represents around 30% of our total business in the UK and we have a constant portfolio of projects in the development and delivery phases for clients including; National Grid, Cadent, SGN and Air Liquide.
We deliver detailed design for cross country pipelines, diversions, offtakes and AGI’s at all pressures and also carry out all of the associated project and cost management, construction management, quantity surveying and specialist project services to ensure that projects are delivered within budget and on time.
Particular Specialisms include:-
- Technical Due Diligence
- Formal Process Risk Assessment
- Independent Design Approval and Appraisal to Gas Industry Codes and Standards (GL5, G17 & G35)
- Process Safety
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Stress and Structural Analysis
- Flow modelling and hydraulic analysis
- Finite element analysis
- Knowledge of Specific GNO requirements
- Multidiscipline Engineering Design (including; Process, Mechanical and Gas Engineering, including HP, MP, LP and LNG Systems)
- Project and Construction Management
- Design Management
- CDM Principal Designer
- Feasibility, conceptual and detailed design studies
- Environmental Analysis
- Land Surveying and Risk based inspection on Gas Infrastructure
- Cathodic Protection
- Asset Surveying and Data Capture Services
- Drawing Management Services
- Interface Management with other infrastructure e.g rail and electricity distribution.
Wider services include:-