Since its foundation in 1978, PM PROjEN has played a significant role in designing and implementing hundreds of new plant builds and plant modifications on facilities in the manufacturing sector. Currently, over 50% of our business is associated with designing and delivering projects for manufacturing clients spread across the following manufacturing sub-sectors:-
- Chemical and Process (including bulk and fine chemicals)
- Food and Drink (including flavourings and additives)
- Paints and Coatings
- Aggregates & Building Products
- Petrochemicals (Downstream processing and Fuel Storage & Blending)
- Aerospace and Defence
With an award winning approach to project delivery and Health & Safety, PM PROjEN is a popular choice with those companies who need to build a new plant or who are wanting to improve their existing facilities.
We have a long and proven track record for successfully delivering complex projects and working collaboratively with clients, by understanding their project and programme challenges and adopting the most appropriate Engineering/Project Management strategy.
- Our approach to project delivery has been recognised by the European Construction Institute (ECI) on no fewer than five occasions, seeing us win ECI Project of the Year Awards in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2013 and Contractor of the Year in 2003.
- Health and Safety is paramount in everything that we do and we have been awarded 16 consecutive RoSPA Gold Awards and two RoSPA Order of Distinction, for our consistently outstanding Health & Safety performance both for our day to day operations and in the course of project delivery.
- We provide a true multi-discipline offering comprising of around 120 engineering professionals, with all disciplines servicing this sector being available at both our Preston Brook and Edinburgh offices
- Our positive regional impact has been recognised through two Chemicals Northwest awards – Engineering Business of the Year 2015 and Health & Safety Award 2016
- PM PROjEN were the first company in the UK to upgrade an existing fuel storage facility and design and build a new facility to comply with the recommendations from the final Buncefield report (including the demolition of failed storage tanks, inspection and repair of existing tanks, installation of road tanker loading facilities, improvement of control systems, the construction of new storage tanks and the improvements to secondary containment bunds).
At PM PROjEN, we fully understand the pressures facing businesses in these sectors. This pressure comes in a variety of forms including:-
- Make/buy decisions
- Fluctuating volumes
- Increasing competition
- Increasing/changing legislation
- Demanding budgetary constraints including pressure to reduce overheads & staff numbers.
When you add to this the time required to deal with various stakeholders and employees it soon becomes apparent why the delivery of projects is an area that most are looking to improve. Projects are only taken on as a means of improving the business (reduce cost, improve efficiency, develop new markets etc) and are not in themselves a core role for most clients…in short, it is the benefit of the project that is required by the client not the actual ‘doing’ of the project.
Our core business or “day job” is the successful delivery of projects from feasibility and capital justification through to full turnkey project delivery. Working together as an integrated team from an early stage, PM PROjEN can reduce costs, provide a flexible and responsive resource and give access to new technologies, skills and the necessary expertise from simple to highly complex projects.
At PM PROjEN, we offer progressive UK Manufacturers a variety of options that enables more quality time to be spent on their “day job” and associated strategic issues.